So, Hi. There's that Part.
Now for the taking stock:
Studio visitors this semester:
- Kenny Goldsmith, ubuweb.com
- Elana Herzog, sculptor
- Ellen Driscoll, sculptor, professor
- Dean Snyder, sculptor, professor
- Martha Schwendener, critic, village voice
- Lee Boroson, sculptor, profesor
- Joe Wolin, critic, time out new york
- Gregory Volk, critic and curator at large
- Luca Buvoli, sculptor
- Jöao Ribas, critic and curator, Drawing Center, MIT
Accomplishments since September:
- Sculpture completed: none
- Shows curated: one
- Papers written: four
- Catalogues created: two
- Essays written: two
- Artists Statements revised: two
- Dance Parties: one
- Applications filled out: none
- Meetings held: possibly in the hundreds
- Trips to New York: six
- Money spent on sculpture material: about $150
- Books read: part of one
- windows broken while I was in the room: twelve
- mirrors broken while I was in the room: two
- Drawings created: four
- Collages completed: twenty four
- Collages sold: fourteen
- Collages traded: should be two
- Commissions: two, both of which are minor
- Albums purchased: two (All Things Must Pass, Forge Your Own Chains)
- Movies watched in the middle of the night: like fifteen, I think
- Shows seen in New York: gotta be around seventy five.
- Really good conversations: five (Charlotte, Dan, Rubens, George and Allison)
- Lectures Attended: Four (Kenny G, Elana Herzog, Gregory Volk, Dan Cameron)
- Best Lecture: DAN CAMERON (more on that later)
Thinking about art and war and illness and homemade music and bird taxonomy.
One week from today this semester will be over.
I pledge that the next semester will go well, will be managed better.
There is no excuse not to make this work.
This grad school business is a privileged position, and I am about to get bumped out, back into the cold, with incredible concern.
The best thing to do now, I suspect, is to really try and enjoy myself for the next six months.
One of the Sophomores I TA for gave me this beautiful Moondog album to listen to in the studio. I can't stop. I think it might be the soundtrack til finals.
One Week to go.