Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bloggo-Pay-Off



When I started this blog a couple of years ago, I wasn't sure how I would use it, and was pretty sheepish about having it at all. I have come to rely on it more and more, and have been writing in it lately as a way to keep records, put things where I can find them, and write things down before I forget them. I have gradually become more confident in telling people about it, and have been so happy that it's been a way for my far away friends to check in on me.

This week, I finally used a blog posting from my summer residency/assistantship towards the rough draft of my MFA written thesis (cut and paste, yo!) and got an email from my friend Allison that made me incredibly happy. She watched the movie Bye Bye Brazil after I mentioned it here, and created a piece of jewelry for her latest line based on the film. I love the idea of each of us, holed up and staying warm in the dead of winter, watching this 70's Brazilia carnival movie and being inspired by it.

Here's the ga-ga gorgeous necklace:


There are more views of it, and Allisons other amazing work here:
Salome by Madame Fortuna on Etsy

and here:

Madame Fortuna Website

1 comment:

dell said...

Mine's become essential to me, in terms of memories and notes to self. I started it as a letter to a few friends living away and have by stages been appalled and amazed how many people have come to it and the good things I've found.
I'm glad you're here.
Happy New Year Shorty!
X Dell